During this course, students are provided with an over-view of the development of Kinesiology tape, how its works, and how to apply it. Students experience the effect of the tape first hand as they practice on each-other. The applications on different types of tissue (muscle, fascia, ligaments and tendons) are discussed.
Students are then shown a number of different applications before they practice taping on horses. These include:
- Easing muscle tension
- Stimulating muscle proprioception
- For bruising and swelling to aid recovery
- Origin / insertion application
- For tendon and ligaments to provide support, and ease strain and discomfort
- To help release superficial fascia
- To help release deep fascia
- Contra-indications and safe application
Courses are held near Chinnor, Oxfordshire.